• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Investigation - Hidden Assets / Apartment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OhWhatADay

What is the name of your state? MD

My husband left the home a few months ago after threatening to do so for several months. I am hearing now about his relationship with a woman across the street and the women he bought home while I was at work. Someone close to him purchased a new car, but they don't have the money for it. He has been asking to pick up his belongs over the last couple of weeks. Ironically, the he was supposed to be seeing also moved this weekend.
How can I find out if he has made purchases during the marriage without my knowledge that may become my liability somehow? (can I get a copy of his credit report?)
How can I find out if he is living with another woman (research)? (copy of credit report also?)

sh39plus

I am no expert on this but unless you can come up with clever ways to do it yourself (I am sure you know his social security number) your only option is to hire a private detective to do these for you.

mistoffolees

I am no expert on this but unless you can come up with clever ways to do it yourself (I am sure you know his social security number) your only option is to hire a private detective to do these for you.
Her original question about a credit report is one place to start - it doesn't cost very much. It might not show the purchase of a car (if he paid cash), but it should show a separate checking account - which would presumably be necessary for him to buy a car if he paid cash.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">