• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad marriage not sure if we are divorced!?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tam98

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My husband and I got married in 1998 and he disapperaed in 2002. I noticed I wasn't getting any mail because he was hanging around becasue I couldn't watch the mailbox 24 hours a day. I wasn't served any papers about a divorce but I found out later he filed irreconcilable differences. Do the police serve the papers??? Well anyway I didn't get any and don't know anything about it, didn't sign anything. He says we are divorced but the three credit bureaus says he is till my spouse because I checked to see what they said and am going to check again. He has re-married. I don't have the money to file for a divorce and not seeing anyone so I won't need to be free to get re-married. It will be 10 years in December but five of those years we didn't speak to each other at all. SHould I try to find a attorney and divorce him or let him and his new wife do it. He will be the one getting in trouble for bigamy not me. I don't know why the new wife wanted him, he was impotent( at 30 years old) needed to different ED drugs!

Thanks Tammy

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Did you have a question?
The only thing resembling a question seems to be about your marital status. It seems to me that you are MOST LIKELY divorced...but you should check with the courthouse where the case was filed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">