• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missiem9677

:eek:What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I'm going to visit my family this summer,(June 2008), and I'm taking my children with me. 2 of these children belong to my current husband, if I decide not to come back am I braking any laws? Should I file for seperation first or what? I'm so confused, please help.

mistoffolees

I'm going to visit my family this summer,(June 2008), and I'm taking my children with me. 2 of these children belong to my current husband, if I decide not to come back am I braking any laws? Should I file for seperation first or what? I'm so confused, please help.
I think you should first 'unconfuse' yourself and figure out what you want - perhaps with the aid of professional counseling. Once you know what you want, THEN you can ask an attorney (or here) what is involved in a specific course of action.

Asking an open ended question of total strangers doesn't seem like much of a way to live your life. You need to decide what you want and then ask for help.

(Sorry if that sounds harsh - I don't mean it that way and apologize if it seems hard.)

LdiJ

No, you would not be breaking any laws. However, your husband could make a quick trip to court and get a judge to order you to return those two children to the original home community/state. If you did not comply with that order, then you would be breaking laws and could lose primary custody of the children to their father.

I agree with the other response that you got. You need to figure out what you want, and once you have done that, then you need to get advice on the appropriate steps to take.

However, the bottom line is that if you want to live in PA with the kids, you will either need the agreement of their father or the permission of the courts to relocate them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">