• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just wondering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Volcan

What is the name of your state? GA

Back in December of 2007...

Three friends and I were hanging out. (We were 14,16,17,18 years old) We'll there's this plaza thing up the street from us. It has a couple small restaurants, a liquor store, etc; It also has a "Dollar Store". The dollar store is from a chain of Dollar stores with over 8,000 locations (Did a bit of research)

We started walking there to get some Chinese food from a small Chinese restaurant that's in the plaza. As we were walking one of my friends(we'll call him Billy) and I stoped by a gas station to get something. The other two continued walking. We all met back up at the Chinese restaurant.

While Billy and I were at the gas station. Tommy and Johny (Fake names) passed by the "dollar store". There was some stuff on display infront of the store. Johny picked one of the things up to look at it and noticed that a couple in a car were staring at him. He realised they were staring at him because they thought he was going to steal the item. Jokingly he put the item under his shirt, laughed, then put it back. (All in full view of the couple)

Fast Forward >> We finsished our chinese food and start to leave the plaza. Tommy had a Doc appointment so he got a ride to pick him up at the plaza. The remaining two friends and I countinued to leave but before we left the plaza a police car pulls up. (Very cramp :( ) Well the store manager of the dollar store tells the Police officer that it was all three of us that "stole" from the store. The Cop tells us to get in his police car. All three of us get into his car.

Luckily the couple tell the cop that Billy and I weren't there. And that it was only Johnny.

Billy and I were driven home and Johnny and Tommy were charged. (How they found out Tommys name remains a mystery). Well a few weeks later the charges against Tommy are droped because the witness later said that It was only Johnny. During the case against Johnny the witnesses testified for him. Saying that he put the item back.

Now do any of us have any sort of civil case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">