• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confused about annulments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emkay

What is the name of your state? oklahoma
my husband and i have been married since september 4, 2007. Recently I found out that he has been cheating on me since before we were married. We do not have the same residence and have not lived together as a married couple. On the day we were married, I left that afternoon to be deployed to Kuwait. I am in the United States Army Reserve and he is an Active Duty Soldier in the Army stationed at Fort Hood, TX. Am I elgible for an annulment or do I need to get an actual lawyer? Also, we do not have anything in both our names and I do not want anything from him and vice versa. My mother, in Oklahoma, has my Power of Attorney, can she be a represenative for me on this? Thank you for any help!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? oklahoma
my husband and i have been married since september 4, 2007. Recently I found out that he has been cheating on me since before we were married. We do not have the same residence and have not lived together as a married couple. On the day we were married, I left that afternoon to be deployed to Kuwait. I am in the United States Army Reserve and he is an Active Duty Soldier in the Army stationed at Fort Hood, TX. Am I elgible for an annulment or do I need to get an actual lawyer? Also, we do not have anything in both our names and I do not want anything from him and vice versa. My mother, in Oklahoma, has my Power of Attorney, can she be a represenative for me on this? Thank you for any help!
No, your mother cannot be your representative for a divorce or annulment. You need an attorney or you need to wait until you are back in the states to represent yourself. Its generally quicker and easier to divorce than to get an annulment. A local attorney can best advise you whether or not an annulment is even feasible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">