• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nashville1828

TN.
I have a judgment for 10K against someone and from the same case, this person has a judgment against me for 4K. I have requested to have their debt decreased by 4K, and as consequence, my debt will be mark as paid in full.
After 6 months from the day of the judgment, they are not answering to my proposal or paying anything against their debt.
I need to know more about them in order to try to garnish wages or something like it.
I can not afford a lawyer, and I am wondering if I could send an interrogatory form to their lawyer and if they still will be obligated to respond in 30 days.
Also, if they do not want to accept the reduction on their debt as payment, is there anything else I can do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">