• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

another question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ronnyd8719

I have an ex wife and the money she gets for the children needs to go back to LTD and she will not pay them so I am going to have to pay that. My LTD want 100% of what SSDI pays me. Plane and simple. It is not good. I have just put a post up looking for help. I will post it here for you to read. I am not trying to steal your post, but you can get and idea of the mess it can be. I hope you have better luck than I.
Good luck and here is what has happened to me.

Hi. I have a problem!!
I had a heart attack and back injuries in 2001. I was not able to return to work. I was told my a number of doctors. It took till 2006 for me to get SSDI benefits. Before I had SSDI Benefits I had a long term Insurance that I had though work. They were paying me a monthly income from 2001 till 2006. It was based on 60% of my working salary. When I started receiving SSDI benefits the monthly payments from the long term disablity were cut so that the long term disabliity and SSDI would be equal to 60% of my salary of when I worked. This not a problem I understood this. My problem is in 2003 my wife did not like living with a disable person. I made good money and I guest that is why she stayed, but she wanted a divorce. In 2004 we were divorced. My oldest son wanted to live with me. For this to happen I had to pay my exwife more money than the court ordered. I love my son and I wanted what he wanted. I was able to pay child support due to having long term disablity and I wanted to take care of my children. So my oldest son lived with my till 2006. He moved back with his mother due to not wanting to change schools. I got married and he could have lived with my new wife and I but he did not want to move and have to make new friends.
This is where the problem begins. I quailfied for SSDI in 2006.I lost the first time I saw the judge. So I had to start all over again with a new lawyer that was good. The first one I will not go there.So the second time I won SSDI benefits going back to 2004. That is back to the first judge's desicion of no. The second judge would not go over the first judge's desicion and I understand that.
So both of my sons were living with my ex wife at this time. So the back pay for the children went to my exwife. Now I was paying child support. More than I was ordered by the court. When I got back pay it had to go back to the long term disabilty insurance. My ex wife and I knew this from the time I started receiving long term benefits. I signed a paper to the fact and she winess it. Well she got the SSDI back pay and keep it and did not pay it back to the
long term disiblity insurnace. The long
term disibility insurnace said I would have to pay it back. So I owe money that I never recieved in my name. My ex wife got paid child support and
keep the back pay. She got paid twice
for child support. Well I took it in
stride and figured I would pay it back. My children run around in torn clothes and I have to purchase clothes for them to wear when they are my house, but I can't do anything about it.
Now a couple of weeks ago I notice I had a large sum of money in my checking account and it was from SSDI. I did not know why I would receive any money that was all straighten out. I forgot to
tell you I paid the back pay I received
to the insurance company. I found out today
it was not a mistake. The first lawyer
that I had working on my SSDI filed
an appeal for me and I had no idea. The judgement from the first judge was over ridden. So I
got back pay going all the way back to
2001. Now my ex wife got back pay also and
she will not pay this back to the insurance again. It is much more money.I can't pay
this money back. I have not paid my
part back to the insurance company at this time due to I though there was a mistake at the SSDI
office. Now, my wife at the time and both sons lived with me till 2004 this money goes back to 2001 and then my oldest sone lived with me till 2006 and I paid child support and the backpay money needs to be paid back to the insurance company. This is money that the check was never in my name. So I don't know what to do. I don't have the money to pay it and I do owe it. Please anyone if you know what I can do tell me. If you have anything for me to try please let me know. I don't know what to do so I am turning to all for
answers. SSDI will not help. They say the money is for future use. Also my oldest son is now 19 and my ex wife is still getting the same as she got for both children.I am sorry this is so long, but I wanted to tell the whole story. So please give me whatever you think. You may not know but it may help me. Thanks Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">