• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexually Explicit Craigslist Ads during Separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmcshelby

What is the name of your state? TN

We have been separated for 4 months (divorce papers filed 3 months ago) and since that time my spouse (who, by the way, is nationally very well know) has been posting VERY sexually explicit ads on Craigslist for a "no strings attached" casual relationship and then responds to folks who answer the ads with first and last name.

Because my spouse is nationally known and because our names are inexorably linked as spouses, and because Craigslist is like the bus station bathroom of internet dating services, I was easy to find in cyberspace and be shown these ads, which has caused me a great deal of pain and heartache. We were not sexually active in our marriage.

In what way (if any) might I be able to benefit from my spouse's "indiscretions" in the divorce proceedings?

Gracie3787

We have been separated for 4 months (divorce papers filed 3 months ago) and since that time my spouse (who, by the way, is nationally very well know) has been posting VERY sexually explicit ads on Craigslist for a "no strings attached" casual relationship and then responds to folks who answer the ads with first and last name.

Because my spouse is nationally known and because our names are inexorably linked as spouses, and because Craigslist is like the bus station bathroom of internet dating services, I was easy to find in cyberspace and be shown these ads, which has caused me a great deal of pain and heartache. We were not sexually active in our marriage.

In what way (if any) might I be able to benefit from my spouse's "indiscretions" in the divorce proceedings?
If your spouse is "nationally very well known" I assume that also means that you and spouse have enough money to pay for a consult with a local attorney. You really should do so.

fairisfair

you are legally separated.

What do you care what he/she is doing??

and how do YOU know how he/she responds to those who answer the ads?

Bali Hai

If your spouse is "nationally very well known" I assume that also means that you and spouse have enough money to pay for a consult with a local attorney. You really should do so.
I agree 100%, Dr. Phil and his wife certainly can afford lawyers.

tuffbrk

Don't understand why you care? You weren't actively intimate in your marriage which would lead me to believe the spark had been gone for some time. If anyone comments to you about his ads, you can always respond that is why I'm getting divorced.

If divorce papers have already been filed, presumably fault/no fault has already been determined so ...guess I don't know what it is that you are actually asking...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">