• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

upset used car buyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

4good

I purchased a used car less than 24 hours ago and it already has stalled out twice and been idling very loud since we pulled out the dealership. Also, the emergency brake doesn't hold. I'm I stuck with it or should I try and do something. Is there anyway to take it back and cancel? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

4good said:
I purchased a used car less than 24 hours ago and it already has stalled out twice and been idling very loud since we pulled out the dealership. Also, the emergency brake doesn't hold. I'm I stuck with it or should I try and do something. Is there anyway to take it back and cancel? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
My response:

1. Was there a Notice on the vehicle that said "As-Is, No Warranty" ?

2. Before you signed on the dotted line, what did your mechanic say about the car when you took it to be inspected ?

IAAL

racer72

Some states have a 72 hour clause that lets you back out of contracts. This may not apply to car purchases in your state (it does in mine), you need to check it out immediatly. If the car has been setting on the lot for any length of time, the fuel in the gas tank is bad and the fuel injectors or carb could be gummed up. A quality fuel injector cleaner and a fresh tank of gas may clear up the stalling problem. 2 things can cause the parking brake to not hold, the cable is stretched from overly aggressive use (common on cars with hand brakes) or the rear brake linings are due for replacement. Either problem will cost around $100 to fix.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">