• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about Motion To Dismiss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gotchaz

What is the name of your state? NJ

To make it short, I was involved in an online transaction in which the seller (plaintiff) is from Arizona and I'm from New Jersey. Credit Card company and Paypal sided with me for this transaction. I recieved a summons from the plaintiff from Arizona recently. He sent a registered/certified mail to me and it said to respond within 20 days. Slightly over 20 days has passed since the date it was sent. I spoke to the small claims court clerk in Arizona to see how to file for a motion to dismiss and he told me to send a letter for a motion to dismiss, the reason (wrong venue/jurisdiction), the plaintiff's and my name and address as well as sending back the summons with the defendents answer and a $9 check to them.

Is this the correct way to do things, do I have other options? Any advice would be great!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">