• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

violated

A little while ago in the state of new jersey in a small shore community I was falsley arrested for something that I did not do. One evening is this 50's club in this small shore town an incedent occured where a man was burned in the eye by someone other then myself with a cigar. That same evening the man that commited this act was identified by six eyewittness's and arrested. The following weekend I was approached by two of the shore towns plain clothes officers and was told that I was under arrest for the same incident that happened the prior weekend. When asked why they told me that someone came forward and told the two of them that they saw me committ the same act that the other person was arrested for . I went quietly. I was finger printed that evening by the locals and held till 4:30am till I was transported to the local county jail where I was printed again and prossed. Iwas offerd bail at that time. the bail was set a 2500.00 with no 10% until someone knew me and convinced the bail bondsman to take the 10%. I made my bail that morning and went home. I hired a public defender and never herad from the man. The fee for that service was 50.00 for nothing. About almost two years later I git approached by one of the arresting detectives and he asks me if I got my letter. Not knowing what he was talking about I ask what letter. He proceeds to tell me that all the charges have been dropped. OK. JUst like that all the charges are dropped and I'm supposed to be satisfied with that. Not this guy. Being wrongfully arrested in front of people on the street and put in handcuffs, and put in the back of a police car for the first time in my life and I'm supposed to just let this go. Someone I feel should be punnished for this wrongfull doing. Please I need some advice on this matter. What recourse do i have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">