• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ks payroll checks can't cash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlbangel69

What is the name of your state? ks Mom passed away in May 2006. She had no will made up. My brother and I are the only heirs. He said he didn't want anything to do with any of her things and for me to take care of everything. I haven't heard from him in over a year now. I don't even know for sure where he lives. Anyway, I have taken care of her personel things, taxes, etc. the only things left are two payroll checks together about $1400.00. I took to long to get them cashed because of bank, IRS, attorneys, the company who issued them gave me run around or false info. how to go about it!Now they have stale date.All I need is for them to be reissued.Even issued To The Estate Of. After sending co. affidavit of heirship, affidavit transferring certain personal property, copy of death cert., etc.., copies of my doc. for proof of my identity, copies of proof from their co. of being beneficiary to her 401k,insurance etc..17 docs.! They have me on file and say that they won't issue another check until I go to court and be named executor of the estate. I feel they are just trying to not pay. These checks are only things left to take care of. Can I file myself?I must have court identify me as rep. Is there a way to avoid court? This has all been so frustrating. I just need it done. Help Please. Thank You.

Dandy Don

They are required to get from you a certified copy of your letters testamentary to prove that you are legally authorized to handle any and all estate assets. So go to the county courthouse probate court and fill out the application to get letters testamentary--soon after filing you will receive the legal document you need to get this taken care of.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">