• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Sue for Falsifying Evidence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kellyartmail

What is the name of your state? CA

I recently went to Small Claims Court to sue for copyright infringement and the man I sued brought in fake sketches, emails and a letter to better help his case. I was so shocked, I told the judge they were fake and I'm sure she'll be able to figure that out by comparing evidence, but I'm wondering... how does one do anything about that?!

Is it up to the court to sue or is there anything I can do!? This man is evil and I think regardless of the outcome of my case, he should not get away with it.

AND, he's a Doctor. So, this person is supposed to be completely trustworthy, but he's such a scumbag he would lie in court and make up fake evidence.What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Q: how does one do anything about that?

A: One contests it in the case one is in or else one loses all rights to complain about it.

If the judge believes you and throws out the false evidence, then you will have no damages and no claim against your opponent.

If the judge believes the false evidence and you lose your case, and later you can prove that the evidence was fabricated, then you may have a cause of action against your opponent, but I'm not sure what it would be offhand. It would probably take some research to see if you would have a case, and what the cause of action would be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">