• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I still save my house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kathy9

My husband and I reside in Louisiana and filed a chapter 13 in September knowing that the payments would be extremely difficult with my husband unable to secure employment at that time. He is currently on a fixed income which made the payments almost impossible. As we feared, we could not make the first payment to the trustee and the lawyer advised us to convert to a chapter 7. The final hearing for the chapter 7 is on February 13 but in the interum my husband has been able to find employment which would more than qualify us for the original chapter 13. All of this has been to attempt to save our house, is it too late? Do we have to go through with the chapter 7? Could we possibly refile the chapter 13? At this point, is there any way to possibly save our house?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You have posted your question(s) on the wrong Board. This is the Contracts Law Board. Please go back to the "Forum Page" and post your questions on the Bankruptcy Law Board.

Thanks.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">