• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my 17 year old son be charged with Class A Misdemeanor Battery.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freemockingbird

What is the name of your state? Indiana
Can my 17 year old son be charged with Class A Misdemeanor Battery. The situation is that a kid fell on the floor in the school bathroom and hit his head. He is saying that my son through him there. The kid was not taken to any hospital or doctors office but did complain of pain in his arm, but he is fine, thank goodness. My son has never been in any trouble, work to pt jobs and has been a serious go-kart racer since he was nine years old. He stays out of trouble. Doesn't there have to be proof of seriously bodily injury for them to charge him with a Class A Misdemeanor Battery?

Eekamouse

What part did your son play in the other kid falling and hitting his head? Did he throw the other boy to the ground? Why is the other boy pointing the finger of blame at your son for the incident?

las365

Can my 17 year old son be charged with Class A Misdemeanor Battery.
HAS your son been charged? Of course he CAN be charged, if the district attorney thinks the evidence warrants it.

You have completely left out your son's version of the event. There is quite a difference between someone falling down and being thrown or pushed. What does your son claim happened?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">