• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i want to settle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mirunat357

The insurance company got in touch with me and they want to settle. I got injured in 1989 driving tractor trailers. I herneated a disk in my neck and also have pinched nerves in my arm. I am curently 38 yearas old. I was out of work for two years for theropy. My employer created a job in the office to help answer phones. this office job lasted until 1998. My position was then termenated. I am still receiving my total workemans comp. check every week. For the last 3 years the insurance company that pays my workemans comp. has been trying to find a job for me. I have been going for job interviews one to two per week. The doctor that I am seeing was the insurance companys droctor from day one. He says that I am 100% disabled. The insurance company has contacted me and wants to settle. What is the formula that I should use to calculate what the settlement should be.

O

ohbratti1

Work Comp is not very profitable. Receiving money in trade for being permanently disabled is never a fair trade. Your disability rating will probably include some of the following:
1) the body part
2) percentage of disability
3) age
4) gender
5) occupation

There is usually a standard formula that will end in a dollar amount. That dollar amount could be increased if you forego future medical care and instead agree on a figure that your future medical care may cost. This way, you get the money for medical expenses up front. The drawback is that if your medical expenses exceed the amount of money the carrier gave you, you'll have to pay for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">