• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

--threatening message

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allatdanz

What is the name of your state? Texas

If I get a threatening message (which I've saved) that states, "You better hope you get out of town before my friends find you. I'm gonna have every cop I know looking for you. You better get out now." ..in a threatening tone (heavy breathing too). What legal action can I take against this? What should I do?

Perky

What is the name of your state? Texas

If I get a threatening message (which I've saved) that states, "You better hope you get out of town before my friends find you. I'm gonna have every cop I know looking for you. You better get out now." ..in a threatening tone (heavy breathing too). What legal action can I take against this? What should I do?
This sounds more like a warning than a threat, and begs the question: What did you do to provoke the warning?

las365

What should I do?
Get out of town! :eek:

Or not, whatever you think is best.

Who left the message? Did the message contain an actual threat to harm you? Obviously there is a lot to this story that is untold.

allatdanz

This sounds more like a warning than a threat, and begs the question: What did you do to provoke the warning?
Well my girlfriend and I (ex now) got into a scuffle last night. She had a bit much to drink, was slamming doors running after me in the apartment complex even hit me across the face a couple of times. I grabbed some of my belongings (computer) and drove away. while looking back she was stumbling to her friend's house who is also her manager, I received the message from him.

Perky

My guess is that her friend believed that you harmed her in some way during your 'scuffle' and was advising you to get away from her and leave her alone. I still don't see any outright threat.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">