• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment case I need Tactical Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FAMILY LAW WOES

Annulment case I need Help!

What is the name of your state? I currently live in GA-he lives in NV "CASE FILED IN NV

Hi I'm the Defendant - in an Annulment Case, he the Plaintiff married again saying we were not married-He originally filed Pro Se, now I face his (3) Attorneys

Now about the case!
We met in 6/87 began relationship 2/88 married 12/31/1995 approx 120 guest the Rev./Pastor at 86yrs old very close friend to his family Respectfully deceased 9/96 and failed 2 record marriage Cert . The signing witness on the Cert was his mom, she Respectfully deceased 11/98. This is how he can claim not their signatures on Cert.

We cohabitated as husband & wife both in State of Nevada and long distance between NV & GA until approx. 5/04 when he moved out of our home claiming we're not married & moves in with our daughters best friend mom.

Follow me closely here!
On 5/05 he married her, on 6/05 he Files an Individual BK-13 claiming to be seperated from spouse(?) On 7/05 he & new wife both buy $385K home in NV. On 8/05 the meeting with Creditors/Debtors NO WHERE IN HIS DOC'S about purchase of new home! Now the bill collecter after me in GA trying to place liens on my home!

Thankfully, 3/06 the 3rd new Rev./Pastor of the Church finds original Cert moving items out to paint etc, After many calls he saw a note with my address & phone # he sends the ORIG CERT to me-I sent into Clerk -NOW OUR MARRIAGE FINALLY RECORDED.

On 5/06 I sent him Joint Petition Divorce Papers to be signed, returned then filed in GA he ignores them. On 8/07 has me served with Annullment-Complaint, we go to Court for my Motion Ambushed by his now Unbundled Attorney the Court advises incline to rule in Favor of Marriage " but Orders" - Evidentiary Hearing He now has Attorneys of record and I am a little intimidated by their knowledge of Court Room Tactics & Procedure etc.

I have Produced Discovery over 100 doc's he has produced NOTHING just a sister , Brother and the new wife as witnesses saying these are not the mother or Pastor signatures, I feel the strongest are: he placed me & my daughter on his employers company Insurance as Spouse & Step Daughter, we have our biological child born 5 yrs before our wedding, & (80 plus) Wed-Photos-A Personal Video he made during time we lived apart of him saying I LOVE YOU & MISS YOU YOUR HUSBAND etc - Vacations tapes - Joint Bank Accounts - so many Cards -Letters signed your Husband/Wife - bills in both names "but we never filed joint taxes living apart etc!
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR EVIDENTIARY HEARING ENSURING I GET EVIDENCE IN -FIGHT THEIR OBJECTIONS? WHERE ARE MY STRENGTHS? WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

I have pulled up Federal Rules of Evidence and the States, I just know this will not be a walk in the park against these Attorney's

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">