• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing a Chapter 517 RSMo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edwendaf

What is the name of your state? Mo

I was summoned to court by my neighborhood association for delinquent neighborhood association fees. I communicated to a member of the board of trustees that I was experiencing financial hardship, had plans to pay them, but currently was without an income stream. I am currently unemployed and the Board members are taking me to court to demand payment. They have also tacked on additional lien fees, attorney fees and interest. I do not feel that the association should be able to file additional liens for the same delinqency. Is this legal and what options do I have other that filing bankruptcy?
I would like to work out some kind of payment arrangement but would like for it to be reasonable based on my situation.

seniorjudge

This is legal for creditors to try to get payment for dough owed to them.

Try negotiating some more if you decide not to declare bankruptcy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">