• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Inheritance Quitdeed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tr17179

What is the name of your state? Michigan, as the personal representative of my parents estate who have both deceased, how do I transfer the ownership of their real estate and home property to my name in order to faciliate the probate process of estate settlement. I have been told that I need to file a quit form deed, but am not sure which is the correct form.

tranquility

A quit claim is of no use to you. You need to open up probate, get letters testimentary and *then* you can start the retitling process--through the courts.

tranquility

Can a quit claim really mess things up? Can you come up with any examples of where a quit claim by a layman causes problems?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">