• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stall tactic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Oz3745

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have been in the process of getting a divorce since August. Originally, it was uncontested but now my spouse is stalling everything by being non-cooperative. She won't turn in the required paperwork and is simply stalling, saying she doesn't have to do anything. To make matters worse I now live in North Carolina.

What recourses do I have? How long can she stall?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have been in the process of getting a divorce since August. Originally, it was uncontested but now my spouse is stalling everything by being non-cooperative. She won't turn in the required paperwork and is simply stalling, saying she doesn't have to do anything. To make matters worse I now live in North Carolina.

What recourses do I have? How long can she stall?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
She can do a lot more stalling if you don't have an attorney, than she can if you do. Its really tough to do a divorce from out of state, even uncontested (and yours appears to no longer be uncontested) without an attorney.

Oz3745

Fortunately I do have an attorney. Being out of state however has created communication problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">