• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want to adopt a baby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WATCHMAN

What is the name of your state? Nebraska
My son and his wife have been trying to have a baby for almost 6 years. 3 miscarriages and they would just rather adopt. My other son and his girlfriend said they would have a baby and let them adopt it. My husband and are totally against this. We told them that it wouldn't be legal to do that. Is that correct? My son doesn't have any money to pay for an adoption through an adoption agency.
Any advice?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Nebraska
My son and his wife have been trying to have a baby for almost 6 years. 3 miscarriages and they would just rather adopt. My other son and his girlfriend said they would have a baby and let them adopt it. My husband and are totally against this. We told them that it wouldn't be legal to do that. Is that correct? My son doesn't have any money to pay for an adoption through an adoption agency.
Any advice?
They can certainly adopt their child but they will still have to follow the adoption laws for your state.

nextwife

BAD plan! GF can change her mind, keep the baby, move away.

If they REALLY want to help, a legal SURROGACY, carrying the biological embryo of your son & DIL would give more claim on the baby.

Or, and even BETTER plan: adopt an already born child that needs parents. WE adopted our beautiful, now age 10, daughter at age 25 months from an orphanage in Bulgaria, and there are many baby homes full of toddlers with nobody!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">