• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enforcing Divorce Decree???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLexWife

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was divorced in July of 07. I was awarded permanent alimony, which was not to commence until house was sold.

I had the house listed once but it was through the local 2% realty and it did not attract much attention.

I then screened potential real estate agents and my x was involved, however it takes both signatures to start the process. This was over 6 months ago and he hasn't to this day did anything about selling our home.

Now....here are my questions. It's hard to put this all in writing as this has been an ongoing pulling teeth session with the x. I am tired....

1. He was supposed to take me off his health insurance and add me to COBRA. To this date he has not done so. Yet now he is remarried. Isn't that against the law?

2. He does not do any maintenance at all in our home. The sprinkler pump went out over 6 months ago and our landscaping has all but died. The pump is rolling around somewhere in the back of his truck. Who knows.

3. I do not receive any sort of spousal support yet as the house is not sold. I work a part time job due to health issues. He currently makes over 160,000 a year and remarried a few months ago.....is this not dual income now?

4. The electricity, water and phone have been turned off several times since the divorce.

5. The house payment is over 2 months behind and I am constantly getting default letters in the mail.

6. Have received a few calls from car finance company in reference to my vehicle being late and reposession is pending.

In my divorce settlement, I received permanent alimony, my vehicle, 60% equity in house, marital portion of his retirement and health insurance. But this will not start until house is sold. He was ordered to continue all payments on home and utilites until it sells. Yet he will not HELP in anyway to sell the house. My car is financed through his name so I cannot get any info on the payments. The same applies to the home mortgage. I have little contact with him. The contact I do have, well**************let's just say it all boils down to him lying and putting things off.

For 2+ years and now 8 months post divorce I live day to day wondering what will be turned off, repossed or if they are forclosing on our home. I live paycheck to paycheck and cannot afford to upkeep my home and do normal repairs on it. The house is only 6 years old and still worth quite a bit in this market. But due to the normal repairs and landscaping.

I earlier mentioned that he was remarried a few months ago. Secretly in a provence of the US.

Can I file a Motion To Show Cause?

Can I file for Temp Emeregency Alimony

Can I file something that will make him take an active interest in this house? Or am I to just let it go and the house is sold at the lowest amount.

Can I file a lienn on his wages (Federal Government) to ensure all ordered payments are made and on time?

Can I file a lien against his retirement ensuring he doesn't uhm....sneak it away?

Can I file a motion to have him reinstate me on his Life Insurance Policy to ensure my permanent alimony?

This has all been madness.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or help you may have.

FLexWife.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">