• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Need Some Help Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mrs. Niagara

What is the name of your state? Florida
My situation is this:
My husband`s uncle who lives in Michigan insisted to go there,and my husband accepted this offer whereas I refused it since I have no job security there. It has been one month since then that they are insisting and threating me (including my husband) and telling me that I should go there by force. What is more, they are threatening that if I do not accept to go with my husband in Michigan they will take my daughters away, and I will have no right for child custody since they are wealthy and can win in every case including the right for children, in contrast with my family who will not afford to take any legal action.The problem is that my husband is supporting their decision and contradicting me and telling me that I should go there in every way.After all these debates he decided to leave not telling me anything about this.
My question is
Since my husband is in Michigan do I have to take any legal action against my husband and his uncle`s family and if I do this, do I have any chance to lose my daughters right for custody since they are wealthy and might win the case?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
They can't take YOUR daughters away. HOwever your husband has EQUAL RIGHTS to HIS DAUGHTERS. So if the children are yours and his, he has just as much right as you do. Why did you refuse to move again? Where are your children living?

LdiJ

As the people on this forum state over and over again (although why not on this thread I don't understand) you have every right to fight your husband moving your children away from their home state of Florida, and he should have not much chance of getting primary custody in a situation where he has already moved away.

They certainly cannot force you to move to MI if that is not what you want to do.

Its time to at least file for primary custody of your children, with child support to you and set visitation rights for your husband, even if you are not yet prepared to divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">