• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ruckere

What is the name of your state? MD

My son was assaulted by his classmate (13). As a result of the assault, my son will need lifetime treatment of his mouth with 3 surgeries soon to come. I had my day in court with the trial dismissed as the defendant's Atty cited 'in loco parentis' in which a parent cannot be held liable to the actions of a minor (under 16) while not present or while child did not commit act under the direction of parent. These kids were 1 month outside of 13 at the time and the assault took place in school. My son has suffered! Do I have a leg for an appeal, and if so, what will overturn 'in loco parentis' making parent responsible for my son's dental expenses??

Any Help Please.
Thank You!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Was it dismissed with or without prejudice. If without prejudice, sue the school and the child and the parents. If with prejudice, sue the school and child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">