• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex landlord sick in the head

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pissedoftenant

What is the name of your state? California

Ok, to make my story short. I lived in this place for a little over 1 year. When I moved in I was never given a walk throught inspection to see what was already damaged. Well time to move out. While in the unit we had 2 flood which I have picures of. LL trying to charge me to clean carpets. 2nd they broken into my house while I was living there When the robbers were taking my stuff out they put a hole in my door. Now LL trying to charge me for this also. They are charging me for blinds that I replaced. The repair of the frige that was already leaking water and broken when I moved in. Just dumb stuff. Crazy labor rate. So now I'm thing what is next. Ofcourse sue is the next word. But what do you think my chances really are. This place was a 550sq feet of place and the total damages that he gave me were 10566.00 the deposit was 1150.00. Yeah crazy.

Please help!

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? California

Ok, to make my story short. I lived in this place for a little over 1 year. When I moved in I was never given a walk throught inspection to see what was already damaged. Well time to move out. While in the unit we had 2 flood which I have picures of. LL trying to charge me to clean carpets. 2nd they broken into my house while I was living there When the robbers were taking my stuff out they put a hole in my door. Now LL trying to charge me for this also. They are charging me for blinds that I replaced. The repair of the frige that was already leaking water and broken when I moved in. Just dumb stuff. Crazy labor rate. So now I'm thing what is next. Ofcourse sue is the next word. But what do you think my chances really are. This place was a 550sq feet of place and the total damages that he gave me were 10566.00 the deposit was 1150.00. Yeah crazy.

Please help!
So all this stuff happened while you were renting it?

pissedoftenant

And who do you think should pay for the damages that happened to an apartment where you were living?
The damage to the carpets were the water heater exploaded and the pipe under my toilet busted. So I'm guessing the landlord. and as far as the door that isn't my property it is his. Its wasn't my fault that they broken into my house and messed up the door.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">