• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

living (seperated) in same house.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomt56

Virginia, what is the deal about seperation? Can a married couple be leagly seperated and still occupy the same house?

tomt56

Virginia, what is the deal about seperation? Can a married couple be leagly seperated and still occupy the same house?

ok its my girlfriend.... damn second time in my life i had a girl tell me at 4am... you know i'm married don't you? we have been together for a couple of 6 months trying to figure it out. how about not beating me up for being an ass .... and or a newbe to webbing.

tuffbrk

Good - because you really don't want to be named as the adulterer in the divorce action! Sweetie - at 4 am you're learning this stuff? You need to be asking a few more questions upfront so that you can have more pleasant pillow talk! Maybe she filed for divorce, the STBX coutnerfiled and it's just being dragged out in court.

mommyof4

OP, it seems in VA, the closest thing to a 'legal seperation' is divorce from bed and board. So, unless she has that little court decree, she's just committing plain old fashioned adultery.;)

May I make a teeny suggestion? Before you get involved with another woman, it might be wise to run a back ground check on the potential friend. Just a quick public records search would at least give you a heads up that she could be married.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">