• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step-parent adoption, deceased father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ArizonaMommy

What is the name of your state? AZ

My husband would like to adopt my two children from my previous marriage. The children's father has been deceased since August. I'd prefer not having to hire an attorney to handle this matter. Where do we start? I cant seem to find a starting point other than "hire and attorney". Aren't there forms that we can download, fill out and send in?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? AZ

My husband would like to adopt my two children from my previous marriage. The children's father has been deceased since August. I'd prefer not having to hire an attorney to handle this matter. Where do we start? I cant seem to find a starting point other than "hire and attorney". Aren't there forms that we can download, fill out and send in?
That IS the starting point. Hire an attorney.

This is not a do it yourself type project.

And are the children in counseling to help them deal with the sudden death of their father and the sudden plan to adopt them on top of it?

A

ArizonaMommy

That IS the starting point. Hire an attorney.

This is not a do it yourself type project.

And are the children in counseling to help them deal with the sudden death of their father and the sudden plan to adopt them on top of it?

Arizona law IS a do-it-yourself type state. Everything has self-file. I just cant find it.

And no, my children aren't in counseling. Thank you for questioning my parenting though. That is much appreciated.:rolleyes:

Silverplum

Whoa, I came here for legal advice not parenting advice. I think you were a bit out of line. Questions are fine but don't insinuate you know what is best for my children.
You may feel free to hire an attorney, or to google yourself into a frenzy.

By the way, , how do you know that the counseling q is not a very important q that the judge will ask of you? You know, the judge who may...or may not...approve your H's adoption?

Last edited by a moderator:

fairisfair

Arizona law IS a do-it-yourself type state. Everything has self-file. I just cant find it.

And no, my children aren't in counseling. Thank you for questioning my parenting though. That is much appreciated.:rolleyes:
No Arizona is NOT a do it yourself type adoption state.

Just because we have forms on line does not mean that every idiot who can write should start filling them out.

You are DONE here. No one will help you, you may as well leave now.

Silverplum

My first response to you was to clarify that you DO need an attorney. I also asked another question that, depending upon the judge, quite likely has legal relevance to the stepparent adoption.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">