• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not Married Step-child adoption - AZ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jhalvorsen

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My partner and I have been together for 6 years and her 2 youngest children are 6 and 5. They have only known me as their dad. Even though we are not married can I still adopt them? I have searched for the laws using Google and haven't found anything that makes any sense to me as to what the rules and the laws are. Any input and comments would be greatly appreciatted.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My partner and I have been together for 6 years and her 2 youngest children are 6 and 5. They have only known me as their dad. Even though we are not married can I still adopt them? I have searched for the laws using Google and haven't found anything that makes any sense to me as to what the rules and the laws are. Any input and comments would be greatly appreciatted.
Why would a Judge allow you to adopt these children when you are unwilling to legally commit to their mother?

mommyof4

Why would a Judge allow you to adopt these children when you are unwilling to legally commit to their mother?
In all fairness, it might be the reverse. Maybe Momma doesn't want to marry. Now, that said...

Why would a judge allow him to adopt these children when MOM is unwilling to legally commit to HIM? ;)

Either way...nope.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">