• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curb1

How does the previous post get locked? "What is the name of your state? California
Where do I go to get a copy of my brothers' living trust, where I am listed as a beneficiary, when I don't know who he used?"

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Dandy Don

You are not entitled to a copy of this if your brother is still living. If he is deceased, are you unaware of who he may have named to be his trustee? If you are named as beneficiary in the trust, the trustee will soon be contacting you--it takes a little while, perhaps a few weeks or a month, to manage the affairs of the trust. Check at the county courthouse, in the meantime, to see if anyone has filed anything to open up his probate estate, if there is one (although there may not be a probated estate if he put all of his assets into the trust, and trusts are handled outside of court).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">