• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xxdayoffatexx

State: Indiana
Problem: Speeding

I'm from Cincinnati, OH. I was driving in Indiana to take my sister to see her lawyer about a lawsuit that she has in Indiana. At 10:52 am, near Edgewood, Indiana. I was pulled over on a highway for speeding. The highway normally is 65 but switches at a small point to 45. I never have went down the road before ever in my life and I was given a ticket for going 66 in a 45.

My personal problem that I have with the ticket is that the officer gave me the ticket without my signing. Under the signature it states: "Signature required for misdemeanors: Failure to sign will result in your immediate appearance before court (IC 9-30-2-4)"

When the female officer handed me the ticket, it was starting to hail outside so it looked like she was rushing to get back into her patrol car. I need some advice on what to do. This court is 3 hours away from me and I've never been in legal trouble in my life.

racer72

Your traffic ticket is not not considered a misdemeanor, it is a civil offense. No signature required.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">