• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IRS form 1310 - what's my answer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

queencolleena

What is the name of your state? Washington

I am trying to file my mother's income tax for 2007 & am coming across a problem.

Her only income was $1200/month (a % of my dad's retirement from the government), she did not get social security or medicare. The government made me her personal representative so I could speak to them, make changes, etc. as she had alzheimers. I was her power of attorney for both financial & medical and was named in the will as the one that handled the matters after she died (I can't remember the correct word). Anyway, she passed away 2/7/2008 w/no reason to do probate.

The problem is when I'm filling out her income tax they are talking about a form 1310 & I'm not sure how to answer that as I'm not court appointed as we don't have to do probate but I am handling all these matters.

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks,What is the name of your state?

Dandy Don

Your question properly belongs on the Tax Message Board.

Go to the IRS website and look for Form 1310 and you can also do a GOOGLE search using the term "Form 1310" and study the responses. If you have problems understanding the form or getting it completed, you may want to consult with a local tax preparer for assistance.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">