• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce or Annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

idiot in CA

What is the name of your state? California

I married a man last March and found out months later that he and his ex wife had professed their love for each other just two months after we were married. Then they started going for family counseling with the kids a few months ago, all the while he was obsessing over her. He would talk about her for hours on end, and she would be the constant topic of conversation at each family gathering. They had been divorced for five years. He started complaining about me, my kids, my spending ( which I hardly did) and how I need to cut back. I finally left a week ago, and on the day I went to get my things, he shows me credit card balances in the amount of 86,000 dollars. I never charged any of it, my name is not on any of the accounts, and my name was not on his bank account where my paycheck was deposited each month. He paid the bills, and our NET pay each month was combined 11,000 a month, 4,000 of which was the mortgage (my name is not on the house). How much of this mess is my financial responsibility? Should I seek an annulment based on fraud? It's tragic and painful and I would like to resolve it all as easily as possible, if there is such a thing. I honestly thought I would be married to this man for the rest of our lives. I need advice. Please be kind. I know I was stupid. Thanks.

idiot in CA

Can anyone help me?

Do I have a case for an annulment?
btw.. I contributed about $5,600 a month to the household bills (of the total $11,000 a month we brought home) Please help me with some advice???
Thank you in advance.:)

LdiJ

Do I have a case for an annulment?
btw.. I contributed about $5,600 a month to the household bills (of the total $11,000 a month we brought home) Please help me with some advice???
Thank you in advance.:)
You NEED an attorney. You are not responsible for his premarital debt, but you could be held responsible for 1/2 of any debt that accrued during your marriage..unless you could prove that it was a dissipation of marital assets.

Be smart, you have the resources to consult with a local attorney and you should. You should not be relying on the advice from an internet message forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">