• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

12 year old beat up by 10-15 kids at bus stop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ocarlos

What is the name of your state? nevada
my son was beat up at the bus stop on way home. he was pulled off the last step of the bus and beatten, 1st by a bully who happens to be a girl and bus bully and after she pulled my son off the bus and down on to the ground, the other students started to beat him.
my 12 year niece tried helping him but there was just to many. at one point they were thrown against the bus. through all this the bus driver did nothing. i called the police and the bus company and the next day i went to the school and talked to the dean. my son has been having a hard time since then. i was told that i can sue the transportation company, as well as the parents of the bully.

Perky

What is the name of your state? nevada
my son was beat up at the bus stop on way home. he was pulled off the last step of the bus and beatten, 1st by a bully who happens to be a girl and bus bully and after she pulled my son off the bus and down on to the ground, the other students started to beat him.
my 12 year niece tried helping him but there was just to many. at one point they were thrown against the bus. through all this the bus driver did nothing. i called the police and the bus company and the next day i went to the school and talked to the dean. my son has been having a hard time since then. i was told that i can sue the transportation company, as well as the parents of the bully.
What is your question?

CdwJava

Anyone can sue anyone else for anything. Suing doesn't mean you win.

If the bully did not inflict the injuries, you may not have much of a suit against the child or the parents ... it will be arguable that the injuries were inflicted by the other parties.

And what would you expect the bus driver to do? In an ideal world, they might intervene. However, the status of the law in my state - and, I expect, in NV as well - is that a school official touching a child almost automatically results in a lawsuit and usually a loss of employment. The bus driver was likely in a position to do nothing but call his or her dispatcher or dial the police. School staff and contractors are generally told not to break up fights any more.

If you want to sue someone, consult a local attorney who can help you identify what grounds you might have to sue parents of kids for the kid's criminal actions - there may be something, who knows?

And if all these people were that miffed at your son, what might come out that will not look good for him? Is he a bully, too? Has he done something that might result in a suit or criminal action against him or you as his parent? Careful that this does not come back on you. ... Just another reason why you might consider consulting an attorney.

What do the police say?

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">