• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this worth filing a civil suit over?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vollbree88

Murfreesboro, TN

Hello, I hope everyone is doing good! I'm looking for some advice as to wether I should bring this further... I've had a dozen people tell me YES and only one person tell me NO. So, I need a someone honest oppinions.

I'm a college student, in my Junior year. About three months ago I was driving and had two passengers... it was about 12am and we were headed to my apartment. As I was driving, a big ford f-150 pulled out behind me... I was doing the speed limit, but he was litterly on my tail. Bothered me a bit, but didn't think much of it. As I turned down the road that my apartment is on he turned as well, now chasing me. I sped up thinking this jerk would get the point to back off... but he just got faster and faster... I told my passenger to call 911... As she's on the phone with them, he starts flashing his head lights and a blue light. I thought "oh crap, the police"... I pulled over, we were still on the phone with 911, and he pulled away. "Whew" we thought, what a weirdo... and we thought it was over. I had already past my apartment and had no place to turn so I continued forward and basically retraced the way we had come origionally next thing I know... the truck is back. Now, we're calling 911 again, hysterical (mind you, we're young girls. 21 years old, all under 110lbs...) The dispatcher said to speed up and maybe the loser would back off and get the idea that we were petifried... no, this guy got fueld more. At this point we are going full speed (I drive a 2 door Hyundai Accent, which, compared to a Ford F-150 looks just flat out pathetic)... I get to the end of road and see a 24 hour grocery store... I thought the road ahead was finished but it wasn't. Drove there anyway... the guy pulled up next to us and then left... I drive down a steep embankment and had planned on running into the grocery store til the police got there but before we knew it.. he was back... Now, we were going at least 70 in a PARKING LOT... with parked cars. I'd go one way, and he'd come head on. The whole time we're on with 911, screaming, crying, and completely hysterical. We really and truly thought our lives were done... I was giving up that the cops wouldn't get there in time... at this point we were so close to a gas station that he was trying to get me to hit it (I was the driver)... but then, thank the lord, the cops got there. At this point, you can imagine we were all hysertical. I was beyond hysterical though... The boy (who was 18) said he wanted to "mess with somebody"... he had two other adults and two minors. Two of the adults were booked in jail and the minors in a junvenile detention center... Turned out they had weapons and everything... and let me tell you, it was evident we were scared. Not to mention, you can see into my car and could tell we were young females.

He got charged with serveral felonies and misedeamors... Some of which were; reckless driving, impersonation of a police officer, weapon charges, deliquency of minors, tamporing with evidence and the list goes on.

I saw my life flash before me... all we could figure was that they wanted to rape/kill us. I still wonder what they 'wanted'... Now, the District Attorney has called me and they've come up with a deal???... Apparently, they will have to serve community service, pay a $750 fine, and thats it... AND, it gets taken off there record.

I'd be ok with this if they didn't come back, again, again, AND again for me... and if they didn't have weapons.

My life is now in shambles... I have become depressed, I now have severe anxiety, and frequently have panic attacks while I drive... I'm afraid to be myself and have no motivation. I'm afraid that I'm being watched. I did not know these people, there was no rhyme or reason. I have no money to pay for a therapist and cannot afford medications to help with my anxiety and depression. I was a happy, outgoing person before all of this. I have had far too many nightmares to be able to do anything...

Many people have told me this is worth suing over. I don't want their money but my life has been taken away from me. I am scared now... I know the world is a cruel place, but these ****boxes came back for more and more... I didn't deserve this. I also don't feel like they're getting any punishment whatsoever. They will even have this expunged from their record!

So, is this worth getting a lawyer and pursuing? HELP!What is the name of your state?

vollbree88

I'm assuming so. They lived in a ritzy part where all the rich people live. Not to mention, the 18 year old was driving a brand new Ford F-150... not a too expensive car, but it also aint a Hyundai!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">