• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lemon law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

James Gravlin

I purchases a new 2000 Kia Sportage ..oct.21,2000..This vehicle broke down not even one week from the day i paid $17,0000 for it...I broke down on the side of the rode had the vehicle towed to the place of purchase for repair..They went from a "frayed" wire ...to coils,-plugs-catalytic converter ...etc. etc. etc Unfortunately the vehicle has been in the shop at least four times fo the same problem amongst others..The final repair was done by a Kia "rep" ..The vehicle is now worse than it has ever been..Can not even drive this vehicle as the fumes make you sick..it will not do 40 mph...it is hard to believe only 3 months from buying a brand new vehicle I can not even get one mile down the road...HELP

racer72

Contact your state Attorney General's office and ask about your states lemon law and if the state has a mandatory buy back program. If your state has a mandatory buy back program, you will need to document all the problems with the vehicle and explain your desire to return the vehicle. The dealership will have a certain amount of time (2 weeks in my state) to make the vehicle right or return all the money (including taxes and license fees) to you. While car shopping with my sister last summer, a dealer we visited sold Kia's. I noticed in the back at least 6 Kia's including a couple of Sportages with "do not sell" signs in the windows. Being as this was by the service department, not the delivery prep area, I think it would be safe to assume the cars were dealer buy backs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">