• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled over in Maryland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

J Perry

I was rideing in my car with two friends and I was pulled over by the police who claimed that I was swerving off the road. He walked up to my car and said that he smelt marijuana and he asked me to get out of the car. I wasn't under the influence, and he patted me down and made me walk the line and follow the pen. Then he told me he was going to search my car and did. My friend had possesion of marijuana, but he put it in my glove compartment. The police didn't find anything on their search until he opened the glove box and it fell out. Does he have the right to search my car under these basis and does he have the right to look in the glove compartment? The whole ordeal was also video taped from the police car. Do I have a case, and can I use that video tape to my advantage? If the tape proves that I wasn't swerving off the road can I use that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">