• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud & Contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobjs2

What is the name of your state? VA

A couple of years ago my ex had obtained a divorce via publication. However, she had done everything frauduently. She filed for divorce 1 day after she made us move. Told the atty and judge that she had no idea where we were and that we had abandoned her. We had spoken a couple times, she faxed some paperwork to me and not once mentioned the divorce paperwork. She had intercepted the letter sent to the old house notifying me (serving) and let it go. I was divorced about 1.5 months before I knew it. Then I got a lawyer and filed to have it vacated. It ended up that whe was to pay me support but is now in contempt and has not paid for about 15 months. Have to go to court again, but also have to pay $1,000 for an atty. Is there anything I can do about the fraud and purgery? She also just closed on a new house and has a new car, but could not pay the support order. Where do I stand???

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">