• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trial without jury of my pears

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jgoetz66

Ohio

I belonged to a fraternal organization for 25 years. About 2 1/2 years ago I received notice that they were going to try me for offenses against the organization. At the time of the trial my membership had been expired for one month. I told them that I could not attend, but they said they held the trial anyways. This organization has taken the position that they do not try people who are no longer members. I feel this is a violation of my civil right of having a trial consisting of my pears.

racer72

Ohio

I belonged to a fraternal organization for 25 years. About 2 1/2 years ago I received notice that they were going to try me for offenses against the organization. At the time of the trial my membership had been expired for one month. I told them that I could not attend, but they said they held the trial anyways. This organization has taken the position that they do not try people who are no longer members. I feel this is a violation of my civil right of having a trial consisting of my pears.
Your fraternal organization is a private entity and can do as they wish. Your right to a trial by your peers or pears only applies to civil or criminal court proceedings.

Perky

Ohio
I told them that I could not attend, but they said they held the trial anyways. This organization has taken the position that they do not try people who are no longer members. I feel this is a violation of my civil right of having a trial consisting of my pears.
Your right to a trial by your peers or pears only applies to civil or criminal court proceedings.
So, I guess this is a case of comparing apples to oranges...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">