• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

celebrities

• Thread starter Robert Thompson
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Robert Thompson

I'm writing to you from California. I've written a script that I plan to shoot in March.I'm a struggling actor and teacher. My characters, in the course of conversation, mention a number of famous people, both in flattering and not so flattering ways. Common guy conversation, some locker-room type stuff, much of it very funny I'm told. At any rate, I don't want legal trouble...late night tv has just as much of what I'm talking about-but I'm not such a big fish. What is the bottom line here? This is a celebrity culture, and people do speak of and refer to the famous...do you HAVE to get people's permission to use their names? I doubt seriously that I could even get TO any of these people to find out about a "clearance". Is this a gray area, or is there a definitive rule here?

R

Robert Thompson

thank you

Dear Lawrat,
Thank you for helping! I really appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">