• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eaglesfly

What is the name of your state? PA
I have a hearing in a few days. This so called friend of mine is sueing me for an amount of money he says I owe him. We have known each other for years about 5. I had borrowed money off of him a few times in the total amopunt of 1200 dollars but all has been repaid. Now I get a letter from the magistate saying I owe him 1700 dollars for some bills he has payes for me. He had offered to pay these bills and took my bill statements out of my house so he could pay these and now he wants me to pay hime back. First off he had always thought we would get together as a couple. But I told him I did not want a relationship while I was going to school I had let this be known very clearly to him, but he kept pushing for this relationship. I have received gifts from him, I am willing to return, he has bought my kids clothes and gifts for them, even went as far as saying he was going to buy me an engagement ring. I stopped by his house one day to drop off some plants for his flower garden and he sat me on his couch and got down in front of me and d emande to touch my breasts, since then I have not talked to him and will not take his phone calls and now he is sueing me for the bills that he voluntarily paid. Oh I also was put on his checking accounts, I thought was to help him out and send money to his son who is in jail if he were to be in the hospital for a long period of time he kept telling me his health was not good and he wanted to make sure I would be taken care of and he wanted me to make sure his son got want he was entitled to. Also I did sign a paper saying I would pay him back BUT it was for the first amount I mentioned in this post. Could someone please tell me what is more likely to happen and if I got the right stuff to defend myself. He is trying to sheriff sale my belongings if he wins this. I have statements from the banks saying he put me on as a coowner on his accounts and I also have all the gifts he got me some with tags still on them, he wanted me to dress a certain way for him when we went to lunch. I also have cards, birthday, easter, mothers day, xmas, all saying he loves me and that he will take care of me. He has always said that he would take care of me while I was going to school, that I would have nothing to worry about. He also kept saying when I did ask him for money, twice, once for 250 for car insurance and once for 99 for cable bill he said he would give me the money on one condition, I would go to dinner with him.
If you could please help me I would greatly appreciate it.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">