• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Childrens Trust Fund Please Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tanishiaaluv

What is the name of your state? California
My name is Monique , and i am need of a lawyer My aunt died some yrs ago and left my children a trustfund its not a large amount but its more then what we have .Well my oldest son now ,18 yrs old. I have tried to contact the executrix of the estate and she seems to be giving me the run around it's going on a yr now and still nothing she emails me to tell me that she is taking care of things. I have no idea where the estate is even being held . I have no idea what is going on. All i know is that my aunt trusted this person and now i dont know what to think. My son is starting college and that money would really help him alot he is now talking about putting school on hold so he can work to help me out with bills and so forth i really need some help we dont have alot of money we are poor the exectrix is living in California and myself and children are in Michigan. Is there is anyone out there welling to do a pro-bono for us i would be greatful. My aunt left this gift to my children to help them out and I dont even know how to get it. Please email me at [email protected]
Thank You
Monique

Dandy Don

Check at the county courthouse probate court for whatever city your aunt died in California to see if there was an estate probated. If there was, get a copy of every document in the file so you can see how the estate was handled. If all assets were put into the trust, there is not going to be a probate because trust matters are handled privately but the trustee, outside of court.

There is no way you will be able to recover your money without getting the assistance of an attorney, so you may want to start contacting various ones in the same city/county where your aunt died to see if one would be willing to help you.

The reason that executrix (if she was also trustee of the trust) hasn't contacted you, which she was normally required to do by law, was that she has possibly stolen or misappropriated the money and doesn't think you are smart or tough enough to do anything about it. Your sons had the rights as beneficiaries to be given information about where there money was being held and when they would receive it. Your attorney will have to send her a certified letter requesting a copy of the trust and an accounting statement. She may or may not respond, in which case your attorney will have to offer that she come up with the money soon or face being sued in court.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">