• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he's getting everything

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msmicci

What is the name of your state?
I live in Ohio. My husband left me and our 3 kids over a year ago. He paid nothing to help me with our kids and made very little contact with us. He has threatened me physically, tore up my house with a sledge hammer, and been an all around ass. Now, my lawyer says he may get everything, the house, my car, shared parenting (that he doesnt even want). He is going to make me and my kids, who still are trying to deal with this whole situation, move from the only house they have ever known, switch schools, and he will not have to pay child support. I need to know how this could possibly be happening.
Please advise. I dont know what to do.

Silverplum

I live in Ohio. My husband left me and our 3 kids over a year ago. He paid nothing to help me with our kids and made very little contact with us. He has threatened me physically, tore up my house with a sledge hammer, and been an all around ass. Now, my lawyer says he may get everything, the house, my car, shared parenting (that he doesnt even want). He is going to make me and my kids, who still are trying to deal with this whole situation, move from the only house they have ever known, switch schools, and he will not have to pay child support. I need to know how this could possibly be happening.
Your lawyer told you that? Did s/he give you any reasoning or law behind no CS, your H "getting everything," etc.?

You might very well have to move, switch schools, etc. Divorce is a bummer for everyone involved, and lifestyles often must change, sometimes dramatically.

Shared parenting is a reality. Dad is always Dad, regardless of the status of your marriage, just as you are always Mom. Don't waste your energy or emotions on that one. If he doesn't use his time with the children, then you get more time with the children, right? ;)

majomom1

What do you mean "Now he may get... ?" That is just not possible without some huge error on YOUR part. Shared parenting is pretty much a given, but the rest is not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">