• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a divorce ever be revoked?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MissDaddy

What is the name of your state? NC

If you do not go through the 1 year required seperation (both lie to the court and said you did) and a divorce is granted, if the court ever found this out could they revoke the divorce? If so, would it matter if the divorce was in force for several years before the court found out?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? NC

If you do not go through the 1 year required seperation (both lie to the court and said you did) and a divorce is granted, if the court ever found this out could they revoke the divorce? If so, would it matter if the divorce was in force for several years before the court found out?
Quit poking around into your parents' personal matters.

Or take your Kelly-ish self elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Silverplum

Im trying to find out if she can, trust me I never want to deal with this woman again
Normally? No.
Not unless there was some sort of major injustice, criminal fraud, something.

You'd have to be much more specific.

*edited to add: Yes, you DO want to deal with "her" again. You want to sue her.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=400655
Looking for recourse against my exstep-mother. I would rather her be found criminally liable for abandonment or something relating to that, but if I have a better chance in civil court-that would be an option too?

Last edited:

mistoffolees

I'm trying to make sure she can't sue for part of his estate
Don't buy trouble. IF she sues, you deal with it then. If she doesn't sue, you've wasted a lot of energy on something that didn't matter.

Getting answers to every possible eventuality doesn't really do you any good- unless you're thinking that there's something you can do proactively, which doesn't seem very likely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">