• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims or ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunny38

What is the name of your state? MI
Rented a car 3-15 returned car 3-16 3 days later security deposit was returned to my account and the rental place took the 44 for the rental and ins.. On 3-28 538.00 was pulled from y account BY the car rental company this is the SECOND time that this has happened which has now put my account into overdrawn.. I did speak to the rental place and they said that it was THEIR mistake someone had gotten into the wrong records and charged my account.. I have payments already been made which is going to cause overdraft fee's .. Can the rental place be held accountable for the fee's and what action can i take ???

datrouper

problems

1) borrow money to cover the checks

or

2) stop payment on the checks and notify the recepients that the checks will be reissued within 7 days (if this will not cause fees to be levied because of returned checks)

or

3. Allow the checks to bounce and sue the rental car company in small claims for the cost of the incident (long hassle, court crap shoot).

The best way is to cover the checks (borrow) until the money is returned to your account. Maybe it would be good to apply for overdraft protection if it can be done instantly or fast. However, better to pay for rental cars with a credit card, not a debit card for reasons such as this.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">