• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

death wish

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jovegas

What is the name of your state? California
Are there penalties or liabilities if a persons burial wishes are not followed ? For instance the will states a person wants to be cremated, with no viewing ,yet they are viewed.

rowz

I was wondering something after reading this question and the answer.

Assuming it was someone other than the executor that made the decision to disregard the instructions in the will and without the executor agreeing to the change, would then the estate no longer be liable for the expenses of the funeral?

I would think that the one that placed the order then obligated themselves to pay the bill.

Just wonderin' is all.

Thanks for anyones POV.

tranquility

Wow, I've never seen or heard of that part of the code. Has anyone ever been charged under H&S 7103 for changing the deceased's wishes?

tecate

Good question. I imagine it was enacted in response to a mortuary not carrying out its duties. But the language seems to apply to family members not carrying out the wishes of the deceased.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">