• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will, inheritance, bank lien for fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bplantssss

What is the name of your state? OH
My mother-in-law is up in years, when my father-in-law died 4 years she transferred the house to her nephew even though she knew that it was colaterial on a failed business. The bank took her to court and won. They are requiring her to pay $105 per month on the interest and put a lien on the house. She is insisting that we can just get a loan when she passes but with my husband's disability, we don't have the money and we own a house 2 hours away that we live in already.

She doesn't have a will yet, but is willing to get one. If the house is willed to my husband and we cannot get a loan for the lien can the bank take the house for just the lien amount? Or would we be forced to sell the house and pay off the lien?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">