• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyers and Contingency fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tcscotch

What is the name of your state?
This is the State of New Jersey
Are there Lawyers that work on simple estate issues on contingencys instead of by the hour with large retainers?:confused:

seniorjudge

This is the State of New Jersey
Are there Lawyers that work on simple estate issues on contingencys instead of by the hour with large retainers?:confused:
NJ
Although I was left as the Joint survivor on a number of accounts, by a close personal friend that passed away.I cannot access any funds from them (according to the bank). Can an account be unfrozen by myself, or do I need a lawyer to do it.

There is also a will that has me down as the beneficiary but that is being challenged as well. The will was notarized with the decedent myself and the notary present. The will was notarized three years prior to her deathWhat is the name of your state?
Keep all your questions in one thread.

seniorjudge

I doubt that any lawyers work on contingency fees for simple estates but you can ask around.

It is not really a contingency type of situation; just a matter of filing the papers.

If you are the joint owner on an account, then why are you not allowed to access it?
More info, please.

Also, more info on the challenge to the will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">