• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tire Dealer will not honor tire warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ronwell

Please help....
I live in South Carolina. I bought a set of 4 tires not more than a year ago for my wifes car. After which I had them aligned by another place, because the place I bought the tires from did not do alignments.
My wife tells me that the car is riding rough and I take it to a service shop and they say that the two rear tires have band separation and a bit of uneven wear on the outer sides.
I take the car to the place I bought the tires and they said they did not see any separation..only uneven wear due to a bad alignment. I take the car to the place that I got the alignment and they said you have to have your alignment checked every 6000 miles and it had been about 10,000 and they were not responsible but he would re align at a discount. They checked the tires and found separation and showed me what to look for.I take the car back to the place I bought the tires and showed them where the major tread separation is...(because now I know what to look for and can't BS me)and thet say there is nothing they can do because of the bit of uneven wear. I said I was not there because of uneven wear, but because of tread separation and they basically said take me to court and offered no other remedy...They did give me the owners name. But the owner did not answer and this is a weekend.
Their warranty says that they will replace the tire free minus computer balancing, within the first half of tread life if there is a manufacturing defect. The tire is within that criteria.Both of the other places state that separation in this case is a manufacturing defect. The place that I bought the tires from say they wont replace them because of the bit of uneven wear. The uneven wear is not a real safety hazard but separation is.
I had to buy two new tires for the rear from another place because it's our only car.
What can I do to get my money back? If I have to go to small claims what do I need to do?
Thanks for any help...Ron

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">