• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LIZA7

What is the name of your state?
FL.
In addition to the case my boyfriend was not aware of the situation until 2 months ago.

LIZA7

Divorce FL

Veronica,
you miss the other enter, where I explain the case and place my questions.
I am looking for advise regardless my boyfriend divorce case. He married a peruvian in Jan2001, this woman was still married in Peru, however she manage to present divorce decree from Miami from her marriage in Peru. But the courts here in Peru did not give her the divorce until Jul.2005, all this years that she was married with my boyfriend she was in the process of the divorce in Peru. My boyfriend fail divorce papers on Jan.2008 and we discover everything. now I'm getting the divorce decree from Peru courts from 2005, my question is if I need to get those papers fully sign by the Minister of External Relations from Peru? To make them official in the FL. courts, or I just get the papers translated by a offcial translador.
My other question is if a person can get a marriage annualment in Miami from a Peru divorce case, specially when the courts in Peru don't know nothing about the divorce annualment from Miami back in 2001, because she married my boyfriend she inmediately apply for her green card.

tuffbrk

I see you're new - for future, please keep all of your questions in one post. It minimizes confusion. Thanks

LdiJ

Veronica,
I am looking for advise regardless my boyfriend divorce case. He married a peruvian in Jan2001, this woman was still married in Peru, however she manage to present divorce decree from Miami from her marriage in Peru. But the courts here in Peru did not give her the divorce until Jul.2005, all this years that she was married with my boyfriend she was in the process of the divorce in Peru. My boyfriend fail divorce papers on Jan.2008 and we discover everything. now I'm getting the divorce decree from Peru courts from 2005, my question is if I need to get those papers fully sign by the Minister of External Relations from Peru? To make them official in the FL. courts, or I just get the papers translated by a offcial translador.
My other question is if a person can get a marriage annualment in Miami from a Peru divorce case, specially when the courts in Peru don't know nothing about the divorce annualment from Miami back in 2001, because she married my boyfriend she inmediately apply for her green card.
You have no other threads under this screen name.

However yes, as far as the US is concerned someone who was married in Peru can get a divorce/annulment in the US and that divorce/annulment would be legal as far as the US is concerned. Its irrelevant whether or not Peru would recognize that divorce/annulment.

If she then chose to get a divorce in Peru to ensure that Peru also recognized the divorce, it would be irrelevant in the US, because as far as the US is concerned they would already be divorced.

VeronicaLodge

Veronica,
i am not going to hunt down your other posts/threads, please post your information and question in one place. thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">